Steel Brew COVID-19 Update
Firstly, we just want to say a massive thanks to everyone who has supported us either by buying from us, liking our posts, or telling your friends, it genuinely means everything to be so well received by our home town.
At Steel, we had the task of launching our new brand within the first week of the COVID lockdown and have had to adjust our business model accordingly to accommodate our working practices and people’s lifestyle changes.
After hearing the Prime Ministers address yesterday evening, this delivery service will continue over the course of the summer and our brand-new taproom will remain closed for a little longer until it is safe to open. However, it will be ready by July with measures in place to keep everyone safe, subject to government advice.
This is something we will look to review constantly, based on legislation and the feelings of our community. Any opening will be restricted and be based around strict social distancing practices. But we do understand the power of a taproom to bring communities together.
For that reason, we are taking the following 5 steps to grow our business, bring more people our amazing fresh beer and keep ourselves and our customers safe.
1. We are extending our delivery radius to include Saltash and Torpoint (including the surrounding areas) as well as Ivybridge, Lee Mill and the Cornwood area North of Plymouth. This will be a once a week delivery on Wednesdays. If you are close to the areas but not listed, email us on email@example.com and we will see what we can do!
2. All going well from June, by popular demand we are opening up click and collect to run from Thursday – Saturday for a limited period over the afternoon from 1100 – 1500. All orders will have to be made via the website prior to collection.
3. Outside of the Plymouth area we are partnering with some great local establishments who are taking our beer and running with it. They will have the same fresh stock our Plymouth customers have been enjoying and the ability to apply their own twist. Launceston has already gone live with No8 stocked and ready to go, and if there’s a place you’d like to stock us drop us an email
4. So far, we have given out over 800 free pints to key workers. This has been well received and we will continue offering a buy forward for our customers to buy a pint for a key worker. This is great for us as it keeps a cashflow and keeps this initiative going strong. We are also looking at further ways we can help key workers and something for the hospitality sector too, watch this space!
5. Last but importantly, we are growing. We have not been intimidated by the events of the last two months and will continue to produce new beers over the coming months and weeks. This includes barrel aged stouts, Brut I.P.A and our next two fruit beers.
Again, the support you have given us has been overwhelming and where possible we have been trying to say thank you the Steel way. Your feedback is invaluable so if there is anything you would like to see or any comments you have, please let us know!
Please subscribe to our emails to keep updated on the progress and changing situation.
In the meantime, stay safe and keep it Steel….
X – Team Steel – X